The International Conference Flexible Automation and Intelligent Manufacturing (FAIM) is the leading international forum to disseminate, to all branches of automation and manufacturing, information on the most recent and relevant research, theories and practices.
Following success of our earlier FAIM conferences, the 23rd FAIM 2013 will be held in Porto (Portugal) during 26-28 June. The conference will link researchers and practitioners from different branches of automation and manufacturing engineering from around the world.
The focus of the FAIM'13 conference is to discuss the theme: The Challenge of Sustaining Global Competitive Manufacturing Systems.
FAIM 2013 Photos already available!
Please Click Here to see all photos.
FAIM 2013 Best Paper Awards!
Please Click Here to download awards!.
- Prof. William Sullivan, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Virginia, USA
- Prof. Munir Ahmad, School of Science and Technology, University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, UK
- Prof. Américo Azevedo, INESC TEC and Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
- MSc. António Almeida, INESC TEC and Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
PROGRAMME COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS
- Prof. António Paulo Moreira, INESC TEC and Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
- Prof. Paulo Portugal, Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
- Prof. António Mendes Lopes, Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
- MSc. Luís Carneiro, INESC TEC, Porto, Portugal
- Ahm Shamsuzzoha, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Altamir Dias, UFSC-Brazil, Brazil
- Ana Barros, INESC TEC, Portugal
- Ana Carvalho, IST, Portugal
- Ana Póvoa, IST, Portugal
- António Marques, FEUP, Portugal
- António Silva, ISEP, Portugal
- Augusta Maria Paci, National Research Council, Italy
- Aydin Nassehi, University of Bath, United Kingdom
- Bernardo Almada-Lobo, FEUP, Portugal
- Carmen Constantinescu, Fraunhofer, Germany
- Christian Wogerer, PROFACTOR GmbH, Austria
- Daniel Patrick Politze, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- David Olson, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
- David Wyrick, Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco
- Davor Zorc, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Deyi Xue, University of Calgary, Canada
- Dimitris Mourtzis, University of Patras, Greece
- Efthymiou Konstantinos, University of Patras, Greece
- Egon Müller, Technical University of Chemnitz, Germany
- Enzo Morosini Frazzon, UFSC, Brazil
- Esth Alvarez, University of Deusto, Spain
- Fernando Ferreira, ISEP, Portugal
- Filipe Silva, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Francisco Pires, FEUP, Portugal
- Francisco Silva, ISEP, Portugal
- Frank Chen, The University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
- Gerald Weigert, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
- Germano Veiga, INESC Porto, Portugal
- Giovani da Silveira, University of Calgary, Canada
- Henriqueta Nóvoa, FEUP, Portugal
- Jens Schütze, Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany
- Jorge Lino, FEUP, Portugal
- Jorge Pinho de Sousa, FEUP, Portugal
- Jose Arturo Garza-Reyes, University of Derby, UK
- José Soeiro, FEUP, Portugal
- José Faria, FEUP, Portugal
- João Bastos, INESC TEC, Portugal
- Kai Cheng, Brunel University, UK
- Leonardo Ribeiro, ISEP, Portugal
- Lihui Wang, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Luís Magalhães, ISEP, Portugal
- Manuel Barbosa, FEUP, Portugal
- Manuel Castro, ISEP, Portugal
- Marco Sacco, ITIA-CNR, Italy
- Mário Sousa, FEUP, Portugal
- Mats Winroth, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Miguel Lima, Polytechnic Institute of Viseu, Portugal
- Nuno Silva, ISEP, Portugal
- Paul Childerhouse, Massey University, New Zealand
- Paulo Ávila, ISEP, Portugal
- Paulo Leitão, Instituto Politécnico de Bragança, Portugal
- Paulo Peças, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Pedro Cunha, Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal, Portugal
- PINGJUN XIA, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Rosanna Fornasiero, ITIA-CNR, Italy
- Rui Rêgo, ISEP, Portugal
- Rui Sousa, Catholic University of Portugal, Portugal
- Susana Relvas, IST, Portugal
- Vikas Kumar, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Viorel Minzu, University of Galati, Romania
- Xun W Xu, The University of Auckland, New Zeland
- Yi-Chi Wang, Feng Chia University, Taiwan
The 1st International FAIM conference in 1991 resulted from collaboration between the University in Limerick (UL) and the Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Prof. Munir Ahmad (then UL), and Prof. Bill Sullivan (then Virginia Tech.) have been central to the development of the Conference since its inception. Since 1991 FAIM has been hosted in many prestigious Universities on both sides of the Atlantic:
- 1991 University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
- 1992 Virginia Tech (in Washington DC), USA
- 1993 University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
- 1994 Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
- 1995 University of Stuttgart, Germany
- 1996 Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA
- 1997 University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, UK
- 1998 Portland State University, Portland, Oregon, USA
- 1999 Tilburg University, Tilburg, Netherlands
- 2000 University of Maryland, Maryland, USA
- 2001 Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
- 2002 Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
- 2003 University of South Florida, Tampa, USA
- 2004 Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
- 2005 University of Deusto, Bilbao, Spain
- 2006 University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
- 2007 Penn State Great Valley, Philadelphia, USA
- 2008 University of Skövde, Sweden
- 2009 University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, UK
- 2010 California State University, East Bay, Oakland, USA
- 2011 Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan
- 2012 Tampere University of Technology, Helsinki, Finland
Prestigious speakers will deliver keynote presentations within the scope of the conference topics:
Keynote: "Strategic Lines for Manufacturing 2030"
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Keynote: "Challenges for Better Sustainable Manufacturing"
Inesc Porto, Portugal
Keynote: "Boosting Manufacturing Competitiveness: The Role of Clusters"
FAIM2013 features Best Paper Award to award authors with superior quality paper submission to this conference. The award includes a framed certificate. The authors of Best Paper Award will be recognized in the conference.
Any paper published in one of the Tracks or Workshop/Special Sessions of the conference.
The nominations are made by conference chairs of FAIM2013.
Deadline extension for Full Paper submission! Submit until 21st of January!...